As competition increases, brokers are looking for more ways to stay ahead of their competitors but also challengers coming from technology. Client expectations are increasing, and for many clients, their appreciation of the real estate professional's contribution is eroding.
Having invested in communicating the benefits of listing or buying with a professional real estate office, there are ways brokers can increase their value in the eyes of clients.
Here are 6 ways:
Develop the client experience
- Studying the segments of your client base, understanding their concerns and developing materials or initiatives to improve those
- Implementing a communications policy that supports fast communications turn-around in the ways your clients appreciate
- Surveying customers to find your communications weakest points, such as office layouts, travel policies, etc and identify where to improve
- Gift items: These include your typical closing gifts, such as wines, chocolates or even consumer technology such as a Nest System. These can be affordable or expensive, depending on the budget allocated.
- Notes: Thank you notes and letters can provide a personalized touch to closings but also for new clients who have just agreed to listings or engagements to source properties.
- Mementos: Mementos are gifts used to symbolize and mark an event. These can include custom portraits of the house purchase, local maps or even scrap books created with the house as the subject.
- Allied services: With key relationships in place with interior designers, coffee houses and cleaning services, introductions and special offers (including free services) can be a thoughtful and scalable way to add value to client closings.
Provide unique opportunities
- Purchase strategy: Purchasing can be made easier or more cost effective depending on the state of the market. Do your clients know this? Helping clients maximize their property values or reduce their purchasing costs and can be valuable knowledge.
- Market knowledge: Advice to your clients on market conditions, favourable locations and buyer movements can help them make more informed decisions regarding their current or future transactions.
- Office reception: Is your team friendly, contactable, approachable?
- Message reminders: Do you provide timely reminders?
- Check in calls: Are your clients satisfied with your service? Find out with check in calls.
- Meetings: Are your meetings formatted for the best possible impact on the client?
- Notifications: Are your providing clients strategic reminders to inform, remind and even persuade clients for further ation?
- Records: Are you supplying clients with helpful records that they may want to reference later?